At Police Now we take your privacy seriously, and are committed to protecting your personal information according to the Data Protection Act 1998. We endeavour to ensure that your personal data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act and that;
- it will be processed fairly and lawfully
- it will be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- it will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- it will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- it will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- it will be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data; and
- it will not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area.
Police Now and its subsidiary (Police Now Trading Enterprises Limited) will from time to time collect personal information about you in order to support Police Now’s charitable mission.
Police Now Group and its subsidiary will not sell, distribute or pass your personal information to third parties unless we have your consent or are required by law to do. Police Now and its subsidiaries will only use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which it thinks you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you believe that any information which Police Now and its subsidiary are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact the organisation at:
Police Now will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device that websites and applications use for security purposes and to deliver products, services, and advertisements, and to understand how they are used. With these technologies, a website or application can store information on your browser or device and later read that information back. We explain more about each of these technologies and how they are used on this page.
Show what matters to you – They help us know who you are so we can show content that’s most relevant to you, including features, products, and ads
Improve your experience – They work with the sites features and help us improve our products and services – so you can do things like use share buttons, and upload photos
Protection and security – They help secure the website by letting us know if someone tries to access your account or engages in activity that violates our terms
Categories of use and examples:
These tools tell us when you’re logged in, so we can show you the appropriate experience and features. For example, cookies, local storage and similar technologies tell us when you are logged in to the website. We also use this information to understand how people use our website.
Security and site integrity
We use these to help keep our website safe and secure. They support or enable security features and help us detect activity that violates our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. For example, they help protect your account from being accessed by anyone other than you. Cookies also let us know when several people have logged in from the same computer.
These help us provide a localised experience. For example, we may store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so you will see the site in your preferred language.
Site features and services
We use these to provide you with the best experience possible.
©2016 Police Now is a registered charity (1168427) and company (9922205) in England and Wales