At Police Now we take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998) and the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR (2018). .
We endeavour to ensure that your personal data will be processed in accordance with all data protection legislation and requirements:
- It will be processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner.
- It will be obtained for explicit and legitimate purposes and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with the agreed upon purpose(s).
- It will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- It will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- It will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s)
- It will be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under GDPR.
- Technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- It will not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area.
Police Now and all associated subsidiaries (‘Police Now’) will from time to time collect personal information from data subjects we encounter to support Police Now’s charitable mission.
Police Now will not sell, distribute or pass your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit consent or are required by law to do so. Police Now will only use your personal information to send you information and updates about the Police Now programme and promotional information about third parties if you explicitly consent for us to do so.
As a data subject, you may request details of the personal information which we hold about you. If you wish to do so, please email DPO@policenow.org.uk, stating which individual right(s) to information you would like to exercise. All enquiries will be dealt with in a timely manner and in any event not more than 40 calendar days of receiving the request.
If you believe that any information which Police Now are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete; would like to register your interest in receiving newsletters or updates regarding the Police Now programme; or would like further information relating to Police Now’s Data Protection Policy please contact the organisation via email at DPO@policenow.org.uk
If you would prefer to contact us via post, please send all correspondents to the below address where we will be able to assist:
150 Aldersgate Street