This website (the “Police Now CAREERS SITE”) is operated by the Police Now.
To the extent that you are:
WHO WE ARE AND HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
Police Now is a Registered Charity, number is 1168427 and our registered office address is: 150 Aldersgate Street, London, England, EC1A 4AB
For general queries about the Police Now Careers Site, to update your marketing preferences or unsubscribe from our mailing list please email [email protected]
For data protection related queries including questions about use of your personal data please email [email protected]
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
From time to time, and only where permitted by law, we may acquire information about you from third parties. This may include publicly available profile information on third party social media sites (such as Facebook and Twitter), and lists acquired from third party agencies.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- information that you provide is typically used for verifying your age, dealing with your enquiries and providing you with information that you have requested and/or responding to specific queries you may have regarding a career at Police Now.
- information that is collected automatically is typically used for business analytics reasons, to send you communications that may interest you and/or to assist us to improve the information and services we provide.
- information that we acquire from third parties may (where permitted by law) be combined with other information about you in order to update or supplement our records and to provide you with relevant information about a career at Police Now.
We may share personal data about you with third parties, where required or permitted by law. Police Now may share data with other agencies such as police forces, local authorities, national government and other agencies for the purposes of:
- attracting and selecting participants;
- supporting individuals who are accepted onto the Police Now programme;
- facilitating their participation through the programme;
- continuing their involvement in our alumni network(s) after the conclusion of programme(s);
- evaluating and developing Police Now;
- reponsidng to a request from law enforcement authorities, regulatory authorities or other government officials;
- preventing physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity and/or in the context of organisational restructuring.
PERSONAL DATA YOU ARE LEGALLY OBLIGED TO PROVIDE
You are not under a legal obligation to provide us with any of your personal data but please note that if you elect not to provide us with your personal data we may be unable to provide you with the information you request and/or progress your application.
WHERE MIGHT INFORMATION BE SENT?
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ( “EEA”) by us or by our sub-contractors. For example, to allow your application to be considered by Police Now personnel in another jurisdiction including outside of the EEA.
Where we, or our sub-contractors, use IT systems or software that is provided by non-UK companies, your personal data may be stored on the servers of these non-UK companies outside the EEA.
HOW LONG WILL INFORMATION BE KEPT?
Police Now will ensure data is only kept for as long as required. Generally, data relating to employees will be kept whilst they are employed and for no longer than 3-years after they have left, whilst data relating to unsuccessful applications for a HQ position will not be kept for more than a year. Individuals who apply for a position at Police Now as a participant who are unsuccessful will be kept on file for no longer than 5-years.
Participants, alumni, corporate partners and trustees information will continue to be stored by Police Now until they elect for their data to be deleted. Please note that we may anonymise your personal data or use it for statistical purposes. We keep anonymised and statistical data indefinitely but we take care to ensure that such data can no longer identify or be connected to any individual.
For further details please contact us at [email protected].
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We will review and update this policy from time to time. This may be to reflect a change in the products or services we offer or to our internal procedures or it may be to reflect a change in the law.
Each time we update our policy we will update the policy version number at the end of the policy and the date on which that version of the policy came into force.
This is policy version 1.0.0 which came into effect on October 2018.